CliffsNotes on Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment (Cliffsnotes Literature Guides)
Author: James L Roberts
Number Of Pages: 128
Publisher: Cliffs Notes
CliffsNotes on Crime and Punishment takes you into a masterpiece of Russian literature, a work published during the time the western world was moving away from romanticism and into a new realistic approach to writing.
Following the story of an impoverished young man who expects to enrich humanity by rising to a level above the law, this study guide provides a character list, character map, and character analyses to explore the personalities within Fyodor Dostoevsky's masterpiece. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Life and background of the author
- Introduction to and brief synopsis of the novel
- Summaries and expert commentaries for each chapter within the book
- Essays that explore aspects of the author's characters and theories
- A review section that tests your knowledge and suggests essay topics and practice projects
- A Resource Center full of books, publications, films, and Internet resources
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.